Take your Iceland experience to the next level and join Adventure Vikings to see Iceland from the crystal clear waters of Silfra. The Silfra fissure is one of the top dive sites in the world, located inside the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Þingvellir National Park.
Silfra fissure Silfra fissure is one of the top dive sites in the world and is located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Þingvellir National Park. The 60 metre deep Silfra fissure is a result of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates pulling apart, which happens at around 2 centimetres a year. The fissure is filled with crystal clear glacial melt water from one of Iceland’s largest glacier, the Langjökull glacier. The water inside Silfra has been filtered through lava for decades – making the water exceptionally clear and even drinkable!
Be protected from the cold water of the fissure as you snorkel in the drysuit, which is constructed from layers of insulating fabric, keeping your body and clothes completely dry. No prior diving or snorkelling experience is needed to join this tour, the only requirement is that you can swim and are confident in water. The buoyancy of the dry suit keeps you on the surface of the water, easily keeping you afloat as you cruise along with the underwater current in the fissure. You will wear your own warm layers (we recommend thermal underwear) underneath the drysuit to make sure that you stay toasty warm all the while enjoying the amazing colours and visibility within the fissure.
With transportation This tour includes pick up and drop off from your pick up location in Reykjavík by Adventure Vikings. Please note that pick ups start 75 minutes prior to your chosen tour start time.
Get in touch with Hidden Iceland if you would like to do a private tour including snorkelling.
Snorkel Silfra in a Wetsuit tour. Hidden Iceland | Feature
Snorkel Silfra in a Drysuit tour. Hidden Iceland
Snorkel Silfra in a Wetsuit tour. Hidden Iceland
Operates: All year, 2-3 times a day depending on the season Duration: 4-4.5 hours Number of people:Min 1 / Max 6 Minimum age: 14 years old Level of difficulty: Easy to moderate Price: 23,990 ISK Included: Drysuit and all other snorkelling equipment, Þingvellir National Park fee, free photos for snorkelling, hot chocolate for snorkelling, transportation to and from Reykjavík, English speaking guide
– Have read, accepted and signed the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
– Also sign the liability release form when starting the tour
– Be able to swim and be physically fit
– Be at least 145cm (4’9) tall / and under 200cm (6’7) tall
– Be at least 45kg (99 lbs) / and less than 120kg (264 lbs)
– Be at least 14 years old
– Not be pregnant
– Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkelling
What do I need to bring?
Our partners from Adventure Vikings provide you with all necessary gear for the snorkelling. However you will need to bring:
– Clothes to wear under the drysuit. We recommend long thermal underwear or a sweat suit and warm socks
– Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkelling
– Food to snack on
– Underwater Camera. If you don’t have an underwater camera you can rent a GoPro from Adventure Vikings for 6,900 ISK and you will receive an SD card with your footage to take home straight after your tour.
This tour is operated by our friends at ADVENTURE VIKINGS.